Have you ever been unsatisfied? So many of us are always searching for things to make us happy. I know only Christ can provide pure joy and happiness but right now Im just not happy and satisfied with my time and how I spend it. My priorities are a little out of order and I feel like I WASTE so much time. As most of you know, I have been truly blessed to be a stay at home mom for the past three years. Paul never demands anything out of me, except that I keep the house clean (which is not a problem-Im not dirty at all). To make ends meet and to make our lives a little more comfortable, I choose to work. God has provided me with a very part time job as a kindergarten teacher (9 hours a week) and they have allowed me to bring Taylor. God has also provided three houses for me to clean. With the school year coming to an end, I will be losing my teaching salary because Im not full time, so therefore I dont get paid through the summer. I was a little worried about this loss of income and God knew this...no one else did though. God provided, once again, for my family. I got a call from two different people wanting me to clean their homes. This was just out of the blue and I was wowed by the awesomeness of how God works and takes care of us! This supplements most of my income that I will be losing from teaching. No, cleaning is not fun at all! BUT it pays well and Im able to take Taylor.
Besides the cleaning and the teaching, I have a lot of time on my hands to be a mom and wife but I think Im not doing the best of job right now! I wanted to sit down with Taylor everyday and do "school" with her. I spent 100+ dollars on a christian home school kit for her and have only used it a few times. Why dont I take the time to do this with her? Is it so important that I browse facebook daily, check email, coupon, sleep late, etc that I cant take the time to teach my daughter?
My time with God, which is the absolute most important thing to us as christians, is short and sometimes is more of a chore. Why is this? I can honestly say I read my Bible every night along with my Aunt Peggys devotional book, but I dont take the time to sit quietly, soak it all in, ask questions, wait for answers, and dwell in the presence of our Savior! Why? Is there any better place? Absolutely Not! My desire would be to wake up before anyone else in the house is awake and spend time with God alone in pure quiet. My mom lived with my Aunt Peggy for a short period of time before she met and married Les. I remember Aunt Peggy waking up so early every morning and sitting at the kitchen table reading the Word. I was amazed at how disciplined she was to do this. I wonder if she still does this now? I think God should be the start of our day everyday. We should wake up and give him the first part of our day. Can I do this? I honestly don't know. Am I going to try? Yes!
Another area of my life that I would love to improve is my organization skills. I may have written about this before but I cant organize one thing in my life. If you were to look in drawers and cabinets in my house, youd quickly know which were mine and which were Paul's. You look in Pauls closet and everything is perfect. His clothes are hanging up with tshirts together, polos together, long sleeve button ups together, work pants together, dress pants together, casual pants together, etc. You get it, right? He's so organized. His bathroom shelf is neat. If you are looking for something of his, you will find it. My shelf is a mess. I have to pull things out daily to find what I need. If I touch it, it will be a mess and out of order. This aggarvates my husband, of course, because we are so opposite. I would love to be organized. I would love to open my closet and know exactly where my white shirt is. I would love to know where my stamps are when I want to mail something. I tell myself, Im going to get organized and I try for one day and then by the next day, its a mess again. I have lost many debit cards because I never put my card back in my wallet. THIS DRIVES ME INSANE! Why cant I change? It only takes a little more effort to put something back in its place so why cant I do it? I pray God will help me in this area and that Ill slow down long enough to do the right thing.
Thats my problem, I dont slow down. Paul and I had a funny moment the other day because I felt something in my ear (not deep in my ear where wax would be ( I do clean my ears daily) but right around the outside). I was telling Paul there was something in my ear and when i felt it, it was gooey and white...Paul was grossed out because he thought it was wax. So, I smelled it to prove to him it wasnt wax. Guess what it was......Are you guessing?!? It was shampoo or conditioner that didnt get rinsed out. So, Paul starts to remind me how I rush through everything and that I dont even slow down long enough to rinse the soap out of my hair. Oh, how right he was! I would never ask God for patience but I do need to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life. I need to enjoy my daugher, I need to enjoy my home, I need to enjoy my husband, and I need to enjoy the things I can do to be a better wife and mom.
So...here's my list of things I want/need to work on...
1. Putting Christ first and giving him the first part of my day.
2. Doing school with Taylor.
3. Spending more quality time with Taylor.
4. Being more organized in my home and life.
5. And last but not least (and youve all heard this one before)- eat healthier, exercise, and lose weight
No comments:
Post a Comment