Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary To Us!

I can't believe it has been 21 days since I have last posted on my blog. How shameful! Time flies when you are enjoying it! Today is mine and Paul's 4 year anniversary. We have had a great 4 years of marriage! Yes, there have been times that I want to choke him, but I do love that stubborn man more than anything! He is not only a wonderful husband but is an extraordinary father! We are going out this weekend to celebrate and Nana and Papa are keeping Taylor. I'm not sure what we are going to do yet, but it's going to be great to just have adult time and adult conversation.

I have so much to catch y'all up on....
First of all Taylor went to the doctor and she was finally.....20 pounds! Hip Hip Hooray! It was 20 pounds on the dot! Paul and I were so excited that within those next two days, we had researched car seats and made the big purchase. Taylor loves being turned around now but her head flops around real bad when she falls asleep. It doesn't look comfortable at all but she's never in the car for long periods of time so I guess we can live with it! We are still having to go the doctor for weight follow ups so about a week ago, we visited Dr. Greenhouse to check on her weight and (drum roll please).... My baby was 19 pounds and around 13 ounces. OH MY GOODNESS! She's not 20 pounds anymore. But, no we did not put her back in her rear facing car seat. We go back in a few more weeks for another follow up, we will see how that goes!
I got to finally meet my new nephew, Hudson, last week. Sarah (my stepsister), Corrie (niece #1), Avery (niece #2), and Hudson (nephew #1) came to Columbia to visit with Mom and Les for a week. They came by the house one of those days and spent an hour with Taylor and me. The kids had fun playing but definitely have a lot to learn when it comes to sharing. Taylor and Avery who are just a few months apart don't quite understand that concept yet. They just want what each other has. Hudson is a very cute baby and so sweet! Corrie and Avery are growing so fast and Corrie really seems to love being a big sister to Avery and Hudson. I just cant believe there are three of them now and they are all 3 years old and under! Can you believe it?!? Sarah is crazy! :)

This past Sunday, we had a baptism service at the lake. As most of you know, my father in law is the pastor and so it was done at his house, which is on the lake. It was HOT but it was powerful. We had 11 baptisms. Paul gave a mini sermon on baptism and he did such a great job! It is amazing how Paul is given so much knowledge and wisdom from the things he reads in the Bible. God is truly using him in our ministry and in the lives of others. I am very blessed to have a Godly husband and a spiritual leader in my home.

And last but definitely not least, Paul got offered a new job this week. It is a blessing for him to be able to take on this new experience. There are many more perks to this job and a nice pay raise! We have been praying for a change and God definitely opened that door for Paul. Please pray for him as he finishes up these two weeks with Canteen and moves on to his new job.
Taylor trying out her carseat in the store!HudsonMarie (A lady at our church)
Sherri (my sister in law)Paul -giving his sermon on baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment