I officially won worst mother of the year award on Sunday. We were at church and we have a cry room. Its set up like a nursery but we dont have a nursery worker. We take our kids in there ourselves when they get fussy and sit with them. They have a tv in there that broadcasts what is going on in the church, so I still get to watch the service. Anyways, church was almost over and they were getting ready to pray. Taylor always wants to get in the crib, so I put her in the crib to play while I picked all the toys she had pulled out. I would pick up a toy and then go stand with her. She's never tempted to get out of the crib or even lean over the bars, but for some reason on Sunday she decided to flip out of the crib. I turned my back to pick up a toy and heard "thump." I turned around and my baby was on her back on the floor. The crib isnt that low and I really didnt think she could come out of it but she's starting to climb and I think she just got her foot on a perfect spot on the bumper pad and gave herself a little push over. I freaked, Taylor freaked, and everyone in the church freaked. She cried so loud, people started coming in there to see what was going on. Paul came rushing in there and grabbed her from me and just started praying over her because at that point we weren't sure if she was hurt or not. After a while, she calmed down and we realized she was just fine! I think it knocked the wind out of her and scared her. I know it scared me and so congratulations Melissa---you've earned yourself worst mother of the year!
Them Tigers STINK! Go Gamecocks!
No comments:
Post a Comment