Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

It has been such an exciting and busy weekend for us! Yesterday, we went to my nieces 2nd birthday party. She is such a cutie pie and is growing up fast! We had fun watching her open her gifts and eat her cake so properly with a fork. I think she has a small obsession with Dora so my sister in law, Brandi, had Dora EVERYTHING for the party. Dora decorations, Dora chair, Dora cake, Dora playing on the TV. I think I've had enough Dora to last me a while! :)

Last night, our church had a pig picking at Thomas and Lynne's house. The food was amazing but the real fun was playing football. We played a touch game in the front yard. It was a great mix of people playing. There was the old (my brother in law, Lin...haha), the young (Tristan), the girls (Nikki and me), the hot one (my husband), the catcher (Byron), the host (Thomas), the tall/lanky guy (Brent) and the all around big guy (Jonathan). We also had a wondeful cheerleader (my sis in law, Sherri). With no broken bones and no major injuries, my team walked away the winners! Hopefully, we will get challenged sometime soon to play again. I think we will be changing the sport to baseball though.

While all this fun was going on, Taylor was at her Meme and Pappy's having some fun of her own! She sorta kinda spent the night off for the first time! Paul and I ended up staying at my moms too but we let them put her to bed and get her up this morning when she woke up. Taylor didn't even know we were there and she did wonderful besides the going to sleep part. She's a little difficult to put to sleep but after some walking, riding in a car, and then rocking she was finally asleep and slept until 8:00.

Happy Father's Day to all you wondeful Father's out there! I didn't get a chance to see my dad today because he's at the beach for the weekend. I did give him permission to go this time but I dont think Ill allow him to do it again next year! :) It just wasn't the same not seeing him! Because he was out of town, we spent the majority of the day at the Lake. We had a great time swimming and playing with our nieces and nephews and chatting with all of our siblings.

While at the lake, Taylor broke out in these hives all over hiney. It scared me so bad. I called the nurse and she told me that it was probably a reaction to her vaccines and that I needed to bring her in to the doctor on Monday morning. She said they probably would not go away anytime soon and that I needed to keep an eye on her. Paul took Taylor down to his grandma's and she prayed over Taylor. Can you believe that within the hour, they had completely cleared up!?! Isn't God good!?! I'm so blessed to have a praying family and a God that loves and heals my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment