Taylor went for her 18 month well visit on Friday and it was terrible. Let me take you back a couple weeks and even months to get you all caught up...
Two weeks ago, Taylor had to go to the doctor because she wasn't feeling well. She was running a fever, fussy, not sleeping. I knew it was an ear infection and I just needed that confirmed by the doc so that she could put her on medicine. She definitely had an ear infection in both ears. At that appointment, the doctor noticed that she hadn't gained ANY weight in two months. The doctor gave me food ideas to help fatten Taylor up. I went to the store and bought all the foods and drinks she suggested. I made sure Taylor was eating even if I had to have food in my hand the entire day so that she would take a bite every so often. We went back to the doctor a week later to make sure her ears were clearing up and she had gained 10 ounces! We were so excited. We were only three ounces away from turning her around in her car seat! I continued feeding her like I had been the week before and knew she would be 20 pounds for her 18 month well visit. We arrived at the appointment, they called her back, and we stripped her down to her diaper for the weigh in! She stood on the scales and it read......19 pounds 3 ounces (the same weight she's been for over two months). She had lost the 10 ounces she had gained in less than a week. The doctor immediately became concerned and after her THREE vaccines, sent us to a lab to get blood work done. By this point, Im freaking out as Im hearing Dr. Greenhouse tell me that she wants to make sure her kidneys, liver, and thyroid are functioning properly. The doc is being very optimistic and hoping that Taylor has an extremely high metabolism. Taylor is not really carrying any of the symptons of thyroid problems or any other organ problems so we are praying that everything is just fine. My child is just active in a good way. She's listens well, she's sweet, and she's just playful!
The results will be in tomorrow. We've prayed about it and we have put it in God's hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment