Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

This was the quote by Lance Armstrong I was staring at and repeating over and over this morning at 5:30 AM when I was taking the RPM class at Golds Gym. If you aren't familiar with RPM, you can check out this website to learn more about any of the classes by Les Mills--www.lesmills.com. This is my new favorite quote because it definitely kept me going and encouraged me to not give up and to keep coming back! 5:30 is early, but it works best for my family. Taylor doesn't have to go the gym more than once a day and it doesn't interfere with the hubby time. Working out is addicting, especially if you are doing something you enjoy so I have decided to train for a triathlon sprint. This consists of about a half mile swim, 15 mile bike ride, and then a 3 mile run. I think the biking I can handle, running is achievable, but swimming is my weakest area. Paul is a great swimmer so hopefully he can help train me in this area. I plan on doing the triathlon toward the end of the summer. Hopefully, I will stick with this goal and continue to work hard to meet others that I set for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment