Saturday, October 16, 2010
33 minutes 8 seconds
It was quite chilly outside this morning and took until mile 2 before my blood was flowing and my bones thawed out. At mile 1, I was asking myself, "why in the world did you sign up for this? Im never racing again!" At mile 2, I felt great and was ready to sign up for the next run in Columbia. At mile 3, the end was in sight and I picked up my speed to what I call a sprint! I crossed the finish line at 33 minutes and 8 seconds. I was so proud. My initial goal was 38 minutes and then I changed it to 35 minutes while talking to another runner this morning. Her goal was 25 (she was a seasoned runner) but I was like geez I cant tell her my goal is 38, that sounds wimpy compared to her goal so I shaved off 3 minutes. The run was great and there was a huge turn out for the event. They actually had to close registration early because there were around 1300 runners. Paul, Taylor, Mom, and Les came out to cheer me on and were waiting for me at the finish line! All Taylor was interested in was Cocky! She kept wanting to follow him around everywhere...too cute!! A true Carolina fan in the making! 



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment