Friday, October 22, 2010

Living a life for God...

Proverbs 22:6 states, "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." I love this verse. It is a constant reminder to me that it is never too early to begin teaching a child about the love of Jesus Christ. Even before Taylor was born, I would read her a Bible story every night before Paul and I went to bed. I wanted her to know the Word and be able to turn to God when she got old enough to fully understand the love and power of a relationship with her creator. Once she was born, I continued to read stories to her each night. I know that right now she doesn't understand who this wonderful Jesus is that she prays to before we eat or who she reads about each night, but one day she will know. She will know because Paul and I have the responsibility to teach her and train her in the ways of a Godly life and not the ways of this world. She will know because each Sunday we have her in church. She will know because she is surrounded by a family who not only loves her more than anything in this world but loves God foremost.

It is so sweet and humbling to see Taylor initiate prayer before our meals each day. Sometimes, in the busyness of life, I do forget to ask God to bless my food, but she is my little reminder to pray. She will put her sweet little hands together and look at me and say "pray." I just thank God for my baby who is my little reminder even when I forget. Taylor knows when we pray and she knows what you're supposed to do when you pray. Even at Grandma's house, when we are about to leave, she grabs our hands and says "pray" because she knows we always pray with her before we leave. It is such a blessing to see my not yet 2 year old growing in the Lord.

Christ is not only the cornerstone but he's the foundation. He's solid, mighty, powerful and He died for us, all of us. In our Bible study at church we are reading through the entire Bible together. We have made it to the New Testament and are reading about the birth, life, and death of Jesus Christ. Reading about how those "important" leaders mocked and beat Jesus make my insides quiver. He was hung on the cross and treated like a criminal and He was PERFECT! But it had to be done for me and everyone else. It had to be done so that our sins would be forgiven and so we would live eternally in Heaven. The least I could do is give my life to Him and make sure my child is "trained in the way (s)he should go."

No comments:

Post a Comment