Thursday, October 14, 2010

5k Race--HERE I COME!

If you remember, I posted a long time ago that I would be doing a 5k race and for everyone to hold me to it. Well, the time is near! My race is Saturday, and I am so excited. I picked up my registration packet today and got my pretty little number to pin on my shirt! 755! Watch out all you other racers....EAT MY DUST (remember, thats my self-comfidence taking over)! I've been running for a few weeks now trying to get ready for this race and I dont think Ill ever feel ready but there's nothing more I can do now. I have been running a few days a week and having a lot of problems with my right knee. Its such a bummer to be running and feeling good but feel like you cant keep going because you have a crazy pain in your knee. It literally feels like my knee cap is going to pop out of place. Im going to run today with it wrapped and see if that helps any. I have a goal to finish in 38 minutes. I looked up times of other female runners and thats the range they finished 5k's in. I know some of them are more seasoned runners and it wasnt their first 5k but I didnt think it was too fast anyways. I hope I can make it! Ill post about it after the race (and I promise not wait a month).

No comments:

Post a Comment