Monday, January 30, 2012

Is this really supposed to make me stronger?

Once again...ITS BEEN A WHILE!
As most of you know, Taylor woke up the day after her birthday party and had a droop/twitch in her left eye. It was such an awkard movement and took me by such surprise that I rushed her to the doctor. It was Sunday morning and she had spent the night with my mom and Les after her birthday party so that Paul and I could do some christmas shopping. I called the doctor, and they were closing but they stayed open because of the seriousness of the situation. The doctor could not find anything wrong. Her reflexes were good, movement good....there's was no obvious sign of head trauma or anything so off we went to the hospital for a CT scan. They strapped my baby down and wrapped her up like a burrito to do the CT scan. I was so mad and so was Taylor. She was screaming and the lady was telling her to stop screaming and Taylor would say, "NO, YOU STOP!" "IM SCARED!" and she was definitely scared. The results would take about 2 hours for me to get so we left the hospital and drove to the lake to see Grandma and have lunch with her. As I was on my way to the lake, I was texting my Dad (yes, I know texting in car is SUPER BAD) to tell him CT was done and that we were waiting on results. As I typed C-T-S-C-A-N I-S the word CLEAR just appeared. WHAT? SERIOUSLY? I hadnt gotten the results yet but God was texting me, really?? I just laughed and cried all at the same time. I should have imagined God was up to date and was a savy little texter! :) At that point, I knew the CT scan would be clear. I still needed to hear it from the doctor though. The doctor called about an hour after that and his exact words, if I remember correctly, were CT scan is clear! PRAISE GOD!

Step 2- We were then referred to a pediatric opthamologist for Monday morning. Emergency visit. He did all these eye exams and everything came out perfect....Talk about frustrated. I was losing my mind with worry. He said my best guess is that it is myasthenia gravis. No big deal was his attitude...just take a pill and she'll be fine. After going home, I did my research and whoa...SCAREY! I had to stop looking cause you know the internet gives you the absolute worst information.

Anyways, we were then referred to a pediatric nuerologist and Taylor had to have an EEG to study her brain to check for seizures. OH MY! I was one freaking out mom! EEG came back clear. The doctor was CLUELESS. He didnt say that but I could tell. He didnt agree that it was OCULAR myasthenia gravis at all but after all our research, mom and I thought it could be. He wanted us to have a MRI done of her brain so off to the hospital we go two days after Christmas. She had to be put to sleep and we waited very impatiently for an hour. She did well being put to sleep and Paul and I had lots of support from Meme (my mom), Pappy (Les), and Papa (Paul's Dad). They were at the hospital when we got there and sat in the waiting area and prayed for our sweet baby! I bet you wont believe it when I tell you the MRI was clear! Yes, another clear test.

At this point, Im done with test. We went back to the nuerologist for a follow up and I told him I didnt want to do anything else at the moment. I just wanted to watch it and this was my super awesome pediatric doctor's recommendation as well. I just fully put it in God's hands and Im going to just keep a close eye on her. Yes, her eye is still twitching sometimes but it hasnt effected anything else. I know that God has given doctors wisdom to determine and treat symptons, disorders, etc. Eventually if her eye continues doing this, we will seek a second opinion. In the meantime, Im praying for complete healing and will give God all the glory.

During all this, we had such amazing support from all our friends and family! I want to thank my mom and dad, Les, Shannon, Cathy, Gene, Adam, Brandi, Gene, Gretchen, Sarah, Katherine, Sherri, Jamie, Lin, Leigh, Grandma, and the best church family anyone could ask for! This girl of mine was prayed for and asked about so much in these three weeks of tests and procedures. I felt so much love as each of these people were always texting, calling, and praying for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment